What is GDPR?
This refers to the General Data Protection Regulation which superseded the Data Protection Act 1998, on 25 May 2018.
The legislation is designed to ‘harmonise’ data privacy laws across Europe, as well as give greater protection and rights to individuals. Within the GDPR there are large changes for the public and for the organisations that handle personal information. In essence, it is about protecting personal data . It gives individuals greater control over how their personal data is used.
GDPR defines personal data as:
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable person (known as a Data Subject).
An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as name, an ID number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of a natural person.
Privacy Notices – How we use your data
- To view the Westcountry Schools Trust Privacy Notice (STUDENTS) please Click Here
- To view the Westcountry Schools Trust Privacy Notice (PARENTS) please Click Here
- To view the Westcountry Schools Trust Privacy Notice (STAFF) please Click Here
- To view the Westcountry Schools Trust Privacy Notice (GTVM) please Click Here
Subject Access Requests
To make a Subject Access Request, please complete the request form below and email it to the Westcountry Schools Trust Data Protection Officer.
The Westcountry Schools Trust will respond within one month of your request.
There will be no charge for this request.
- To download the Subject Access Request Form (Word version) please Click Here
- To download the Subject Access Request Form (PDF version) please Click Here
The completed form should be emailed to the WeST Data Protection Officer on: DPO-WeST@westst.org.uk
Photographic and Video Consent
Coombe Dean like to showcase their students achievements. To give your consent for the school to use photographs and video of you / your child, please complete the relevant form from the links below: