Dear Parents and Carers,
I would like to advise you that we have a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the school.
We have been advised by Public Health England (PHE) that as the child has not been in school for 48 hours prior to their test, there is no need for other students to self-isolate.
The school will undergo its daily deep clean as normal.
This letter is to inform you of the current situation and provide advice on how to support your child. Please be reassured that for most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
If your child presents with symptoms, then we strongly recommend that you get them tested and follow the Public Health England Guidance. If your child is tested and receives a positive result, please can you inform the school.
Testing can be arranged via: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or by calling 119 and further information can be found using the links below:
Symptoms to look for:
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
How to stop COVID-19 spreading:
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19. These include:
- Washing your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds.
- Using hand sanitiser gel, if soap and water are not available.
- Washing your hands as soon as you get home and always before eating.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
Should you have any further questions, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.