A PHONE FREE ZONE will help to improve learning of all kinds.
We want young people to spend:
- more time working hard in class
- more time talking to each other in their break and lunch times
- more time building positive relationships
– free from the distractions of mobile phones.
The PHONE FREE ZONE exists:
- inside the school gates
- between 8.40am and 3.00pm
What are the rules?
Students’ phones must be switched off and packed away in bags. They must not be seen, heard or used in the PHONE FREE ZONE.
There will be no exceptions to this rule.
What devices are included?
The rule covers all personal mobile phones, headphones and other devices that can be connected to the internet or mobile networks or play music or games, such as iPods, game handsets, tablets and smart-watches. Students may continue to use school devices, such as library tablets, under the supervision of school staff.
What if parents and children need to make contact?
- Parents should call reception – 01752 406961
- Staff will assess any requests from students for them to call home. Where it is necessary, students will be given the opportunity use the school phone system at break or lunchtime.
What has OFSTED said about mobile phones in schools?
Here is a recent article explaining the Chief Inspector of OFSTED’s views on mobile phones: