- A plain black blazer
- A white, formal shirt with a collar and buttons to the top
- The Coombe Dean tie. This should always be worn at collar height and should be of reasonable length
- Black tailored school or suit style trousers. There should be no tapering (getting thinner) or flaring (widening) towards the ankle. Trousers that are
- skinny fit/skin-tight, denim, made of heavy cotton material, contain Lycra, or similar stretchy / elastic fabric that would cause them when worn to look skin tight/tapered are not permitted.
- School Skirt – Kelso Tartan Kilt in Royal Multi colour.
- Sturdy plain black shoes (not boots or sandals). Footwear of other colours are not to be worn.
The Coombe Dean V-neck jumper with the school badge is optional and must be worn under the blazer and not instead of. No other item should be worn under the blazer.
The only jewellery allowed in the school is one plain stud earring in each year and a watch. No other jewellery should be worn including facial piercings.
Hair must be of a natural colour.
Nails should be trimmed and natural.
If students have an issue with their uniform at any point during the year, they are required to bring in a note describing the issue and indicating when the item will be replaced.
The PE Department operates according to Safe Practice in Physical Education and School Sport, published by the Association for Physical Education. Therefore, students will be required to remove all jewellery, tie their hair back during lessons, tuck in shirts, and tie shoe laces tightly. In the event of kit being misplaced, students will be expected to bring a note from home and a full change of suitable clothing to wear until the kit is either found or replaced. Spare PE kit will be lent it this is not possible. If students are excused from PE, they should bring a note explaining the reason and length of time for their non-participation in PE. Students will still be expected to bring their kit so they are appropriately dressed for the facility they are in, as they must remain with their member of staff. Students excused from PE lessons will take on other active roles within the lesson, aside from performer, such as a coach or official.
All PE Kit and boots/trainers must be clearly named on the inside so that if lost it can be returned.
All students should have:
- Polo shirt – Royal blue and amber polo shirt embroidered with CD logo
- Shorts – Royal blue and amber embroidered with the CD logo
- Socks – Long blue and amber football socks with CD name
- White ankle length socks
- Trainers – Any colour apart from BLACK, clean, with non-marking soles (not Astro Turf shoes)
- Boots – Boys – Football or rugby (safety studs only)
- Shin pads – For Hockey and Football
- Gum shield – For Hockey and Rugby
- Midlayer – Royal blue and amber with CD logo
Student’s initials will be added to shorts, mid-layer and polo shirts. Please specify initials when purchasing
Optional Items of Kit:
- Tracksuit Bottoms (slim) – Royal blue with CD logo (to be worn at the discretion of staff)
- Skort – Royal blue with CD logo (to be worn at the discretion of staff)
- Boots – Girls
If you are unsure of any items please contact reception and a member of staff will be happy to help.
NB: Students in Years 9 to 11 are not required to purchase the new PE kit and can continue wearing the previous design until new kit is needed. New PE kit can be sourced via Kitworld’s online store: https://kitworld.uk/product-category/coombe-dean/
Suggested Suppliers in Plymouth:
School Online Shop
Faraday Business Park
Open until 17:00
Phone: 01752 405900
Trutex Schoolwear & More
Unit 3 and 4, Billacombe Rd
Open until 17:00
Phone: 01752 491353