Tutor Virtual Parents Evening – September 2021
We are pleased to inform you that we will be holding a Tutor Virtual Parents’ Evening on Thursday 23rd September 2021, 3.30pm – 6.30pm. Due to the success of last year’s parents evening and over whelming positive feedback from parents and staff we have decided to continue this online using software called Schools Cloud. The instructions to support with this are below.
This evening is an opportunity for you to talk with your child’s tutor about their start to the year. You will be able to make one appointment during the time. If you are unable to make this evening, then please contact your child’s tutor to organise a time for them to give you a call. You are, of course, always welcome to contact tutors at any time if you are concerned about your child by ringing the school or email the teacher directly. Teacher’ emails are all their first initial, followed by their surname and then @coombedean.co.uk. So for example L Sutherland would be firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments will be made on a first come first served basis. Only parents and carers that we have recorded as having parental responsibility can gain access to the booking website. It is essential that your details are as we have recorded in the school database. I would recommend trying to log in as soon as you can. If the system says it does not recognise you, it will not be the email address that is the problem. If you encounter any problems or need us to make appointments for you because you do not have internet access, please contact Mr Georgiev or Miss Gardner by email at email@example.com
Booking will open on Monday 13th September at 6pm and will close just before midday on Wednesday 22nd September. After this time, you will not be able to make any further appointments and will need to contact the school. Please read the information below carefully before booking:
• Only parents and carers that we have recorded as having parental responsibility can gain access to the booking website. It is essential that you enter your name in exactly the same way as we have it recorded in the school database.
• The email address you enter is only to get a confirmation of your appointments. If the system says that it does not recognise you, it will not be the email address that is the problem.
• Please make sure you watch the troubleshooting video by following the link below. This explains how to make the appointments as well as how to access the appointments.
Step by step guide to booking your appointments
1. Go to https://coombedean.schoolcloud.co.uk , you will find a link to this on the school website
2. Complete the login page.
3. Click on ‘Tutor Evening’
4. Make your appointments
On the evening:
- Simply log onto the booking system to attend your virtual appointments. Each appointment can last up to 6 minutes and if you haven’t said goodbye by the end of that time, it will simply cut you off!
- Please be on time. Your 6 minute slot will start even if you aren’t there.
A further letter will be sent a few days before the evening with more detailed information about accessing on the evening.
We look forward to seeing you online.
For any questions regarding the evening please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs L Sutherland