‘Acting is behaving truthfully under imaginary circumstances’
The Drama curriculum will encourage students to become confident and independent thinkers, who will be able to create original work. Students learn to express themselves in a safe environment. The main focus of teaching and learning is to encourage the free use of creativity and imagination, through exploration of story and character. Students will have an appreciation of their own work and that of others, always demonstrating respect and empathy.
Our Drama curriculum will give students the opportunity to:
- Develop creativity through understanding the benefits of participation in the arts, performance and creativity during their school journey.
- Develop co-operation & collaboration.
- Develop confidence in communication through developing vocal and physical skills.
- Be exposed to different peoples’ perspectives and emotions on issues and events.
- Develop an ability to evaluate their own and others’ work.